Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Mitt and Matt on buckling up

Have you ever heard lamer excuses for not buckling than those proferred by Matt Lauer and Mitt Romney?

Lauer interviewed Romney as they shared a ride through New Hampshire. Neither wore a seatbelt, even though Lauer had recently interviewed Governor Corzine about his not wearing a seat belt and almost getting himself killed.

Romney: "Sometimes I forget to wear my seat belt. For my own safety, I need to keep reminding myself to buckle up." Unlike, say, your positions on abortion, gun control, and a host of other issues you can't seem to keep straight, you shouldn't need a reminder on your position on the wearing of seat belts. It ought to be a core principle.

Lauer: "...I should have set a better example. There is no seat belt law in New Hampshire, but, again, it was the wrong example to set." No, you should have worn a seat belt because it's the first thing you do when you get into a car, you pompous doofus.

This is what happens to you when you spend too much time riding in the back seat.

Previously:
Passenger Patrick
Too fast
Buckle Up

No comments: