Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Big Dig job

Commissioner Rooney informed me that I got his new title wrong. He's going to be the Deputy Secretary for Public Works.

He only told me I got the title wrong, not what the title was. So, I had to do a little searching. In doing so, I found out he's going to have significant new responsibility.

According to a Globe news brief, he's going to "oversee the full safety review of the Big Dig and try to foster better communication between agencies." Also:

In his new job as deputy secretary for public works, Rooney will help identify cost savings between the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority and the Massachusetts Highway Department and bring new technology to highways, Transportation Secretary Bernard Cohen said yesterday. Rooney will also oversee the transfer of the maintenance and operation of Department of Conservation and Recreation bridges, roads, and tunnels to MassHighway.
That's all well and good, but is it going to offer the same intellectual stimulation as my hedge issue?

Previously: Outgoing Commissioner Rooney

No comments: